Speedwell Construction Careers
Whether you're thinking about a career in the construction industry or already have a wealth of experience to share, we're always looking for forward-thinking professionals who love to solve problems and provide top-notch service to our customers.
Manheim, PA Full-Time
Project architects manage the architectural design phases of a project. Project architects may participate in conceptual design but will mainly be focused on coordinating and managing the architectural design of projects through construction documentation. They work collaboratively with clients, consultants, and the design team to develop construction drawings according to schedule and budget. The project architect's duties include a leadership role among the draftspersons providing guidance for the drafting work needed for each project.
- Be able to visualize a building three-dimensionally as you work on architectural plans.
- Maintain visually appealing building designs.
- Communicate effectively with clients to determine their building needs.
- Manage multiple clients and design projects concurrently.
- Coordinate with the drafting team to produce drawing packages per the design schedule.
- Mentor and assist less-experienced draftspersons.
- Work with Speedwell Construction estimators and project managers to coordinate cost estimates and project schedules.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of current building codes.
- Perform quality control checks of design work to ensure high-quality, constructible drawing packages are being produced.
- Interpersonal Skills: listen to others, maintain confidentiality, focus on solving conflict, and take ownership.
- Oral Communication: speak clearly and in a positive manner, participate in meetings, seek clarification, and respond to questions.
- Written Communication: able to read and write in an effective manner.
- Teamwork: able to build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives, balance team and individual responsibilities, support everyone's effort to succeed, give and welcome feedback.
- Customer Service: listen to the needs of the customer and respond appropriately even in demanding situations and respond to requests for assistance.
- Professionalism: approach others in a tactful manner and treat them with respect.
- Planning and Organizing: prioritize and plan work activities to meet deadlines, use time efficiently and plan for additional resources if needed.
- Adaptability: adjust as the work environment evolves and deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality: arrive at work or meetings on time.
- Dependability: complete tasks on time and commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative: volunteer readily, seek opportunities to increase responsibility and pursue self-development activities.
- Recognize mistakes and apply those lessons to future projects.
- Read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of common building construction techniques.
This position is responsible for the daily management of the architectural design phases of assigned design projects. The project architect will be responsible for providing direction to draftspersons. They may also serve as a coach or information resource for other positions in the company.
The employee will be in a busy office environment. The project architect will also attend meetings with customers and make occasional jobsite visits that may be outdoors. Personal Protective Equipment must be used on construction sites as situations require.
The project architect spends long hours sitting at a desk. The employee spends the majority of their day using office equipment which may cause eye or muscle strain. The employee will occasionally need to lift some of the office equipment, supplies and materials (10 lbs.) The employee, while attending jobsites, may be required to occasionally climb ladders and cross uneven ground.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is an exempt full-time position. Hours of work are Monday-Friday with 40 hours per week being the expectation. The employee may have to work evenings or weekends as required.
The employee will spend the majority of their time at the office. The project architect will spend a portion of their time traveling to meetings with clients and visiting jobsites.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree
- 5 or more years of experience in the field of architecture
- Ability to visualize buildings three-dimensionally
- Knowledge of commercial building design and construction
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience using Revit for architectural design
- Experience in Design/Build Architecture
- Ability to learn and use new technology as it becomes available
The employee must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and Motor Vehicle Record review. The employee must have a current driver's license.
Speedwell Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Other Duties:
Please note that this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without any notice.Apply for Position